towny mini guide

4 replies
Votes:
+73
VIP
since i have to explain this a lot to new players on the server im just gonne make a small guide here.

as you join these awesome servers that use towny you might wonder how to claim chunks to protect your stuff

plz read ALL before asking questions ingame !!

wel here are the basics

first off you will want to link your account to enjin
follow these instructions enjin guide

once you did this vote for the server to get points
each vote gets you 100 ingame $
you convert your points using the /buy command
make sure you sellect the correct server
it can take a while for the $ to be added but you do get a message when it is
if you do not know howmany point you have use /enjin points to find out, your points are shown if you vote but in some cases you might just forget

now then since you have some in game $ lets make a town

use the command /t new [name] , insert the name you want ofc no brackets
this will claim the chunk you are in and costs 50$
in order to claim more chunks use /t claim on chunks that are connected to already claimed chunks
this costs 10$ per claim, the town upkeep does NOT increase if you claim more plots

your town upkeep is 10$ every RL day so make sure to use /t deposit[amount] to keep your town going
if your town has 0$ in bank when 'taxes' are claimed then it will disappear and it will no longer protect your stuff
to check the money in town use /t , this will display all the stats of your town

basic claim amount is 8 chunks per player in your town , to add a player to your town use /t add [name]
you can join a nations to get more ( yggdrasil will give you 140 extra claims)
you can ask me ( shadowfirelord ) for an invite , or any other assistent

this is the basics, any one can add more stuff if i missed anything

Now towny locations may be difficult to think of, since there might be certain structures or places you'd like to have claimed. But don't bother going out making a town specially to claim one such places, think of making outposts.
an outpost cost 250 ingame $ so make sure your well settled before you claim one

An outpost is esentially a part of your town that is not directly connected to your town by manner of chunk border. An outpost can be anywhere, in any dimension and starts like any towny plot as one chunk. These can be expanded accordingly following the basic claim rules.

Do note, an outpost is far more expensive than claiming an average plot. So be sure to save up some money and think it through. Deleting an outpost or unclaiming will not give you a refund.
Posted Nov 26, 16 · OP · Last edited Feb 26, 17 by shadowfire...
List
Undo
BadLilKittmins AdminDonator
Votes:
+63
Donator
Thanks we really enjoy seeing players take the time to help others out in need. I am sure this will be helpful.
Posted Nov 29, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+73
VIP
on a side note there is free power whenever im on on my tesserect channel
Posted Dec 5, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
Untagged users
I have a question about the daily upkeep. Does the amount increase by the number of plots you claim, or is it always $10? As in, if you have 1 plot claimed, will it be 10, then a second will be 20 per day, or does it stick with 10?
Posted Dec 31, 16
Draeconics Admin
Votes:
+7
The daily upkeep is always 10.
Posted Jan 1, 17
NoticeNotices